WTP

EA Sports Sim League
 
HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 NHL Playoffs

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Rey

avatar

Posts : 294
Join date : 2014-04-08

PostSubject: NHL Playoffs   Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:54 pm

First topic message reminder :

Well, this boards been pretty quiet, so um. Anyone got their brackets set up? on nhl.com or whatever? oh yeah, and of course my team gets the 6th overall pick in a shitty draft.

Here's mine.



I'm probably wrong cause i like a variety of winners but we're so used to the same guys winning these days...oh well. I think a lot of people have boston coming out of the east, but the west is a wildcard. Thoughts on the nhl playoffs? your picks?

Am i the only one who thinks Columbus might take out Pittsburgh?
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
fearthemaskedman
Trade Comittee
Trade Comittee
avatar

Posts : 719
Join date : 2014-01-23

PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs   Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:57 pm

Lost a little respect for chara there. Your 6 9 drop your stick
Back to top Go down
Mastershake
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
avatar

Posts : 194
Join date : 2014-01-28

PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs   Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:34 pm

At first i didnt realize where he got him but now that i see he should have def been suspended at least a game
Back to top Go down
Krauzer
Senior Member
Senior Member
avatar

Posts : 471
Join date : 2014-01-27
Location : Calgary

PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs   Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:02 pm

That was a good Boston-Detroit game.
Back to top Go down
Zetty40
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
avatar

Posts : 309
Join date : 2014-01-22
Location : Windsor

PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs   Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:25 pm

Good game for boston anyway
Back to top Go down
Zetty40
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
avatar

Posts : 309
Join date : 2014-01-22
Location : Windsor

PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs   Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:37 am

that pens game last night was just ridiculous almost didn't bother watching it cause when i turned it on it was already 3-0 pens but glad i kept it on
Back to top Go down
Zetty40
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
avatar

Posts : 309
Join date : 2014-01-22
Location : Windsor

PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs   Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:37 am

the chi dal game was pretty good too
Back to top Go down
Zetty40
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
avatar

Posts : 309
Join date : 2014-01-22
Location : Windsor

PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs   Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:38 am

that one goal by benn was great kids a beast
Back to top Go down
Krauzer
Senior Member
Senior Member
avatar

Posts : 471
Join date : 2014-01-27
Location : Calgary

PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs   Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:21 pm

Fleury is so awful.
Back to top Go down
fearthemaskedman
Trade Comittee
Trade Comittee
avatar

Posts : 719
Join date : 2014-01-23

PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs   Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:11 pm

Word out of Detroit is the rumor that Franzen has played his last game as a wing. Never liked him to be honest, babs and det media all have thrown him under the bus.
Back to top Go down
Rey

avatar

Posts : 294
Join date : 2014-04-08

PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs   Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:27 pm

It's too bad, the 2 years the Wings went to the finals, and won the cup, Franzen was a beast, but these guys who grind it out don't last long. They take too much of a beating going in front of the net.
Back to top Go down
heisenberg
Sophomore Member
Sophomore Member
avatar

Posts : 156
Join date : 2014-02-09

PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs   Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:53 am

can't believe those sharks up 3-0 in the series what a colossal break down
Back to top Go down
fearthemaskedman
Trade Comittee
Trade Comittee
avatar

Posts : 719
Join date : 2014-01-23

PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs   Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:22 am

heisenberg wrote:
can't believe those sharks up 3-0 in the series what a colossal break down

I fully believe they're going to fully choke here. LA's so far in SJ's head they have furniture set up. SJ's coach was boohooing to the media about one goal in a 4-1 loss, you can tell he is desperate.
Back to top Go down
Mastershake
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
avatar

Posts : 194
Join date : 2014-01-28

PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs   Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:27 am

it was a bad goal but shit happens you over come it thats life they did not so i agree their looking for an excuse for blowing the game and potentially the entire series now.
Back to top Go down
Krauzer
Senior Member
Senior Member
avatar

Posts : 471
Join date : 2014-01-27
Location : Calgary

PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs   Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:41 am

This will finally be the year the sharks blow it up if they lose.
Back to top Go down
Rey

avatar

Posts : 294
Join date : 2014-04-08

PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs   Thu May 01, 2014 2:34 am

Too bad for the Sharks, i had money on team. Oh well. Now, i can focus on my important things, like making trades here -.-. Anyways, the losers are always losers, and the guys who win, always gets it done. Too bad, San Jose had no push back at all. It's a shame. So much talent, i thought Hertl was the best Shark. Kids going to be a stud.
Back to top Go down
Zetty40
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
avatar

Posts : 309
Join date : 2014-01-22
Location : Windsor

PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs   Thu May 01, 2014 7:27 am

can't believe colorado blew it atleast ehy can use the excuse that they are young sjs was just plain brutal good for the kings though i can see them getting past the ducks too
Back to top Go down
Rey

avatar

Posts : 294
Join date : 2014-04-08

PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs   Thu May 01, 2014 2:14 pm

Colorado shouldn't even have won game 5, but the refs gave it to him, so the hockey gods should be smiling.
Back to top Go down
fearthemaskedman
Trade Comittee
Trade Comittee
avatar

Posts : 719
Join date : 2014-01-23

PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs   Thu May 01, 2014 2:22 pm

You gotta think something changes in sharks land. This team has underwhelmed since what? 2001?
Back to top Go down
Rey

avatar

Posts : 294
Join date : 2014-04-08

PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs   Thu May 01, 2014 5:28 pm

maybe a coaching change? maybe a new gm? I doubt they do much to the team they already have. They just re-upped Thornton and Marleau, so they aren't going to trade him now. Just probably use the Vlasic was injured excuse, and use the money from Havlat and maybe Niemi's contract, or move Kennedy and Burrish'es contracts to maybe get a reliable dman or two, and try again next year.

Back to top Go down
fearthemaskedman
Trade Comittee
Trade Comittee
avatar

Posts : 719
Join date : 2014-01-23

PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs   Wed May 14, 2014 2:35 am

a post from a penguins fan:

"Disco Dan (what they call their coach) tried everything he  could, but ultimately it's up to Crosby to produce in the playoffs. Our team is built around two of the best players of their time, only one is showing up."



I've been saying for years that maybe malkin is the better player overall and is living in Crosby's shadow. Now before you all flame the mess out of me, national hero and all. When was the last time Crosby dominated a post season?
Back to top Go down
fearthemaskedman
Trade Comittee
Trade Comittee
avatar

Posts : 719
Join date : 2014-01-23

PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs   Thu May 15, 2014 1:44 am

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/milan-lucic-to-dale-weise-during-handshakes---i-m-going-to--expletive--kill-you-next-year-041130720.html

This dude,.....

Gah do we need to remove the instigator rule. In the 80's Bob Probert would have killed Lucic. 2014? He can spear a dude in the nuts and pay pennies on the dollar and then threaten a guy's life AFTER the game is over.
Back to top Go down
Rey

avatar

Posts : 294
Join date : 2014-04-08

PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs   Thu May 15, 2014 2:01 am

fearthemaskedman wrote:
a post from a penguins fan:

"Disco Dan (what they call their coach) tried everything he  could, but ultimately it's up to Crosby to produce in the playoffs. Our team is built around two of the best players of their time, only one is showing up."



I've been saying for years that maybe malkin is the better player overall and is living in Crosby's shadow. Now before you all flame the mess out of me, national hero and all. When was the last time Crosby dominated a post season?

I hate Crosby, but I've gained some respect for him in these playoffs. He took so much damage, but didn't say anything. Used to call him a whiny little brat, but he just took the abuse and didn't do anything about it.

Malkin, has always been the best offensive player in the league, but Crosby can do everything else, therefore a little bit more well rounded. I wouldn't blame it on the two of them, when you have the leagues best 1-2 players, its the GM's job to surround them with better players.

Back to top Go down
Rey

avatar

Posts : 294
Join date : 2014-04-08

PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs   Thu May 15, 2014 2:03 am

fearthemaskedman wrote:
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/milan-lucic-to-dale-weise-during-handshakes---i-m-going-to--expletive--kill-you-next-year-041130720.html

This dude,.....

Gah do we need to remove the instigator rule. In the 80's Bob Probert would have killed Lucic. 2014? He can spear a dude in the nuts and pay pennies on the dollar and then threaten a guy's life AFTER the game is over.

Lucic, Chara, Marchand, Thornton, the whole team is a joke. They can go punching people during games and get away with nothing. Any retaliation is penalized. I'm glad the habs won tonight.
Back to top Go down
Zetty40
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
avatar

Posts : 309
Join date : 2014-01-22
Location : Windsor

PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs   Thu May 15, 2014 9:47 am

Rey wrote:
fearthemaskedman wrote:
a post from a penguins fan:

"Disco Dan (what they call their coach) tried everything he  could, but ultimately it's up to Crosby to produce in the playoffs. Our team is built around two of the best players of their time, only one is showing up."



I've been saying for years that maybe malkin is the better player overall and is living in Crosby's shadow. Now before you all flame the mess out of me, national hero and all. When was the last time Crosby dominated a post season?

I hate Crosby, but I've gained some respect for him in these playoffs. He took so much damage, but didn't say anything. Used to call him a whiny little brat, but he just took the abuse and didn't do anything about it.

Malkin, has always been the best offensive player in the league, but Crosby can do everything else, therefore a little bit more well rounded. I wouldn't blame it on the two of them, when you have the leagues best 1-2 players, its the GM's job to surround them with better players.

really? all i saw crosby do is take cheap shots after a whistle spear slash etc then skate away and have teammates stick up for him when the guy he just shoved slashed or speared after the whistle came after him
Back to top Go down
fearthemaskedman
Trade Comittee
Trade Comittee
avatar

Posts : 719
Join date : 2014-01-23

PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs   Thu May 15, 2014 10:28 am

Zetty40 wrote:
Rey wrote:
fearthemaskedman wrote:
a post from a penguins fan:

"Disco Dan (what they call their coach) tried everything he  could, but ultimately it's up to Crosby to produce in the playoffs. Our team is built around two of the best players of their time, only one is showing up."



I've been saying for years that maybe malkin is the better player overall and is living in Crosby's shadow. Now before you all flame the mess out of me, national hero and all. When was the last time Crosby dominated a post season?

I hate Crosby, but I've gained some respect for him in these playoffs. He took so much damage, but didn't say anything. Used to call him a whiny little brat, but he just took the abuse and didn't do anything about it.

Malkin, has always been the best offensive player in the league, but Crosby can do everything else, therefore a little bit more well rounded. I wouldn't blame it on the two of them, when you have the leagues best 1-2 players, its the GM's job to surround them with better players.

really? all i saw crosby do is take cheap shots after a whistle spear slash etc then skate away and have teammates stick up for him when the guy he just shoved slashed or speared after the whistle came after him

I'm with Zettie and before someone accuses me of just being a Crosby hater let me ask you this: Did you ever see a guy like Joe Sakic do something like this?

Sakic was a legit wing killer, but he was all class. A leader people could respect,...and oh yeah, when people were checking him close he still scored big goals. Steve Yzerman took so much abuse one year during the playoffs he played on one leg and won the conn smyth that year.

The best players of our time don't shrink away when the game is on the line. Outside of the olympics and 09' Crosby does.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs   

Back to top Go down
 
NHL Playoffs
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
WTP :: LOBBY :: NHL TALK-
Jump to: