WTP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WTP

EA Sports Sim League

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inNow what? Web10

Now what?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
fearthemaskedman
Trade Comittee
Trade Comittee
fearthemaskedman

Now what? Empty
PostNow what?

Wanna know a secret? I'm not an advanced stat guy,.......that crap is for baseball. Things like Corsi and Puck possession make me shake my head, of course if you have the puck more you're going to win more that's not in dispute people.

Where I am an advanced stat guy, is here,.....Yesterday I beat a team that put up probably the best Goals for/against in the entire history of this league. It was total domination, and yet from the moment I drew ottawa I knew i'd in all likely hood beat them.

I'm not one to brag so I kept that to myself (and because they still could of won, this isn't soccer guys) but I was pretty sure.

Why?

Because as I looked at Ottawa's roster I noticed one thing, they're best players (outside a handful) are young. Why does that matter? Again,...one word,..poise. As soon as that post season kicks in 75 rated grinders turn into prolific playoff preformers due to that stat. The reverse is true for 84 year old centers with 75 rated poise. Vets matter but so do the right players.

I've always told you guys that in my opinion chemistry is the single biggest attribute in this game. Only you can't measure it, there's no quanitive value, just things we guess at. I've built my team with Chemistry in mind, obviously so did Ottawa.

The problem was my key players are vets,...Malkin, Callahan, Cole, ETC. I'm not saying Ottawa's young guy didn't score, they just didn't score enough to overwhelm my large advantage in ratings.

My point in all this is this: The best players can't get you to the post season all the time, but not having them will probably keep you from going very far.
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Now what? :: Comments

Krauzer
Re: Now what?
Post Mon May 05, 2014 3:02 pm by Krauzer
Good post fear. Love reading these. IMHO I think it's more of a crap shoot than anything as for the chemistry. I've still yet to find someone for Crosby and I've tried all 3 offensive player types. As for poise, I wish there was a way to prove it. Even though it's there its not actually a stat we can prove makes a difference like wsp or something.
tommyboy
Post Mon May 05, 2014 3:12 pm by tommyboy
this is why I bet on CAR to win and not ott Smile
fearthemaskedman
Post Mon May 05, 2014 7:19 pm by fearthemaskedman
regarding crosby, i think he is a silent player. Think about it, he's never played well on any game since nhl 07. Ask Matty, he used to have him back in the day, he traded him for Perry and Getzlav cause he wasn't producing.
Krauzer
Post Tue May 06, 2014 11:49 pm by Krauzer
played well? He's still in the top 20 in scoring every year, just not top 5 year after year. I think sometimes you just find players that work with no prior indication that he's going to do well, and roll with it, and I've just yet to find that guy for my top line that really lights it up.

Remember when I had Weiss and had a couple good seasons with him? I had no idea Weiss was going to work out, not a single clue. Prime example right there. Sometimes things work, sometimes things dont, and even sometimes you'll get a guy that has a horrid season his 1st year on your team and then light it up the next. To a degree it's based on stats and ply types and ratings and such but imo I think it's random to a degree also.

fearthemaskedman
Post Wed May 07, 2014 2:20 am by fearthemaskedman
Krauzer wrote:
played well? He's still in the top 20 in scoring every year, just not top 5 year after year. I think sometimes you just find players that work with no prior indication that he's going to do well, and roll with it, and I've just yet to find that guy for my top line that really lights it up.

Remember when I had Weiss and had a couple good seasons with him? I had no idea Weiss was going to work out, not a single clue. Prime example right there. Sometimes things work, sometimes things dont, and even sometimes you'll get a guy that has a horrid season his 1st year on your team and then light it up the next. To a degree it's based on stats and ply types and ratings and such but imo I think it's random to a degree also.

oh for sure it's random. See RJ umberger scoring like 40 goals this season. We can try and guess how it goes based on what we know, the rest is "Gods domain" as they say.
Post  by Sponsored content

Now what?

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
WTP :: AROUND THE LEAGUE-
Jump to: