WTP

EA Sports Sim League
 
HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Brodeur

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Evilmonkey
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
avatar

Posts : 684
Join date : 2014-01-21
Age : 33
Location : Brantford

PostSubject: Brodeur    Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:06 am

Looks like hes playing another year and doesn't look like it will be for NJ, him being my favorite goalie of all time this kind of saddens me, almost all of my favorite players over the years have only ever played for 1 team and picturing marty on another team was like watching Sundin on another team it just wasn't right.

But regardless who do you think picks him up? he still wants to be a starter but not many teams out there that need one and at his age will be interesting to see who gets him cause someone will get him.

Back to top Go down
http://whatthepuck4life.wix.com/whatthepuck
Krauzer
Senior Member
Senior Member
avatar

Posts : 471
Join date : 2014-01-27
Location : Calgary

PostSubject: Re: Brodeur    Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:21 am

I could only see him being a backup on a contending team. Even though he said he would go to another team if it meant playing as a starter. Maybe Boston
Back to top Go down
fearthemaskedman
Trade Comittee
Trade Comittee
avatar

Posts : 719
Join date : 2014-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Brodeur    Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:25 am

When it comes to goalies all bets are off. He may end up being a back up to start, but if someone goes down and you have a budji situation like in MTL and there's not young stud in the AHL, I  could see him getting traded. 

The one thing that puzzles me about this, I can't believe NJ would allow this. I'm just used to the wings, who make it a point to letting vets hang out way past their use by dates over well deserving kids.
Back to top Go down
Evilmonkey
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
avatar

Posts : 684
Join date : 2014-01-21
Age : 33
Location : Brantford

PostSubject: Re: Brodeur    Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:31 am

i agree krauzer i dont see any team picking him up on the intent that he will be the number 1 but a team that has a starter that maybe isn't proven brodeur would be a great back up plan cause even at his age and his best years far behind him he is still a decent goalie
Back to top Go down
http://whatthepuck4life.wix.com/whatthepuck
Colthorn
Senior Member
Senior Member
avatar

Posts : 124
Join date : 2014-01-24
Age : 43
Location : Georgetown

PostSubject: Re: Brodeur    Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:46 am

I think he is done and should retire. The Brodeur I want to remember is no longer here.
Back to top Go down
Evilmonkey
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
avatar

Posts : 684
Join date : 2014-01-21
Age : 33
Location : Brantford

PostSubject: Re: Brodeur    Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:06 am

Colthorn wrote:
I think he is done and should retire.  The Brodeur I want to remember is no longer here.
agree to an extent i would have liked to see him go out on top he should have retired after he got nj to the cup finals a couple years back to me that would have been going out on top it was amazing at his age then that he got that team to the cup finals, and now hes not only not retiring but hes trying to go to another team and thinks he can still be the starting goalie....I hope he does awesome for whoever he plays for but its highly unlickly he pulls a jagr
Back to top Go down
http://whatthepuck4life.wix.com/whatthepuck
Colthorn
Senior Member
Senior Member
avatar

Posts : 124
Join date : 2014-01-24
Age : 43
Location : Georgetown

PostSubject: Re: Brodeur    Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:14 am

For me...I don't think he has anything to prove. He us arguably the best goalie of all time. Hard to choose between him and Roy
Back to top Go down
tommyboy
Trade Comittee
Trade Comittee
avatar

Posts : 743
Join date : 2014-01-24
Location : Calgary

PostSubject: Re: Brodeur    Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:19 pm

no its not, look at the numbers... bammm brodeur Wink

haha, I heard minnisota has interest in him.
Back to top Go down
Rey

avatar

Posts : 294
Join date : 2014-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Brodeur    Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:13 pm

He should go to St.Louis or San Jose as the backup. Anyways, he's not good enough to win anyways Razz.
Back to top Go down
heisenberg
Sophomore Member
Sophomore Member
avatar

Posts : 156
Join date : 2014-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Brodeur    Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:29 pm

See if he wants to be a starter then hes going to go to a team that probably doesn't have much of a chance to win where as if he is ok with playing backup or doing 1a 1b scenario then he could find a home pretty easy but to me if he was ok with 1a 1b he would have just stayed in NJ i have a hard time believing the NJ organization just said your to old see ya later if Marty wanted to come back they would have made it happen
Back to top Go down
fearthemaskedman
Trade Comittee
Trade Comittee
avatar

Posts : 719
Join date : 2014-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Brodeur    Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:50 pm

heisenberg wrote:
See if he wants to be a starter then hes going to go to a team that probably doesn't have much of a chance to win where as if he is ok with playing backup or doing 1a 1b scenario then he could find a home pretty easy but to me if he was ok with 1a 1b he would have just stayed in NJ i have a hard time believing the NJ organization just said your to old see ya later if Marty wanted to come back they would have made it happen
NJ is behind a rock and a hard place. Their starter of the future in scheinder will only sign if he's assured 60 games.
Back to top Go down
Krauzer
Senior Member
Senior Member
avatar

Posts : 471
Join date : 2014-01-27
Location : Calgary

PostSubject: Re: Brodeur    Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:24 pm

By the way Fear, you mentioned in the first post about a trade, highly unlikely that happens considering he's a UFA.


So, he can chose to sign wherever he wants, doesn't have to sign with a team he doesn't wanna play for.
Back to top Go down
fearthemaskedman
Trade Comittee
Trade Comittee
avatar

Posts : 719
Join date : 2014-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Brodeur    Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:34 pm

Krauzer wrote:
By the way Fear, you mentioned in the first post about a trade, highly unlikely that happens considering he's a UFA.


So, he can chose to sign wherever he wants, doesn't have to sign with a team he doesn't wanna play for.

I meant he signs on a team and is traded at the deadline.
Back to top Go down
Rey

avatar

Posts : 294
Join date : 2014-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Brodeur    Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:58 pm

fearthemaskedman wrote:
heisenberg wrote:
See if he wants to be a starter then hes going to go to a team that probably doesn't have much of a chance to win where as if he is ok with playing backup or doing 1a 1b scenario then he could find a home pretty easy but to me if he was ok with 1a 1b he would have just stayed in NJ i have a hard time believing the NJ organization just said your to old see ya later if Marty wanted to come back they would have made it happen
NJ is behind a rock and a hard place. Their starter of the future in scheinder will only sign if he's assured 60 games.

Gotta feel for Schneider. Guy, had so much potential, but has been wasted as the backup guy. Dudes, almost 30, his prime passed right by without getting a starters job.
Back to top Go down
Krauzer
Senior Member
Senior Member
avatar

Posts : 471
Join date : 2014-01-27
Location : Calgary

PostSubject: Re: Brodeur    Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:35 pm

Meh. Not really. Most goalies hit their stride late 20's anyway. Not very many are good starters before then.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Brodeur    

Back to top Go down
 
Brodeur
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
WTP :: LOBBY :: NHL TALK-
Jump to: