WTP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WTP

EA Sports Sim League

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inNew Math Web10

New Math

Go down 
AuthorMessage
fearthemaskedman
Trade Comittee
Trade Comittee
fearthemaskedman

New Math Empty
PostNew Math

So the new ratings have thrown everyone for a loop.

Being very generalized, it seems like basically everyone got a one to two point upgrade in points. I say this jokingly, but it seems true,...81 is the new 79.
Everything i'm looking at seems like 81 is the lowest a "nhl" player seems to be at. I haven't seen a lot of 80 rated players and i'm sure there are 79's who will light it up on lower lines but in a broad scope that's my initial assessment.

Now what I am interested in for this season is the new POT rating.

Seems like it's a lot like the "role" feature of last years game, but more refined. For example it seems like it's not directly tied to a rating but rather what the player can do.

There appear to be a few for nhl guys:
Franchise
Elite
Top six
Top nine
bottom six.

Now all this is fairly self explanatory, but it is VERY important to know where your guys fall. Why? Because without playing the game it looks like this relates to what they can do.

Look at my canes team. I have three elite players and one Franchise player. Can you guess who?

The franchise player is easy-Weber
But would it shock you to know that Suter, KUZNETSOV and mason are my other elite players?

Kuznetsov is only an 82. Zajac is an 86 and is listed as a "top six" forward,...no shit ea.....

On D I have Weber and Suter as a franchise and elite

But the rest of my D are all listed as top 4 D

This includes actual top 4 D like Ericsson and Streit who are 84, but also a guy like B. Smith (who any wings fan is barely a 6th D) and even the 79 rated Vatenen.

It gets weirder, especially with that franchise tag. The only players in the whole game who are "Franchise Players" are Weber, Toews, Datsyuk, crosby, stamkos, AO.

What this means versus an "elite" player is anyone's guess. Seems like elite guys are a wide range of people, but they all seem to be very very good offensively. Lots of people I'd consider "franchises" players like Doughty, Benn etc are "elite" but so are guys like Kuznetsov. Maybe in his case it relates to what he could be, but it could just as easily be his role. Who knows,.....

Anyway, should make trading very interesting.
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

New Math :: Comments

fearthemaskedman
Re: New Math
Post Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:57 pm by fearthemaskedman
I hate you ea,....oh do I hate you.

Sept 4th roster update. Smith dropped to 85, moved to C (plays RW) Kunztunev moved to C, Mason back down to 85,........The video's online are no help folks, just wait for evil lol.
Evilmonkey
Post Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:00 am by Evilmonkey
the rosters will be the original, im not doing roster updates every damn time EA decides to tweak a player 1-2 overall ill do an update maybe every 3rd season
fearthemaskedman
Post Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:10 am by fearthemaskedman
Well they released that update cause some guys were straight up missing. Exp: out of the box Dana cleary isn't in the game that I could find. But I'm ok with using out of the box rosters
Evilmonkey
Post Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:11 pm by Evilmonkey
fearthemaskedman wrote:
Well they released that update cause some guys were straight up missing. Exp: out of the box Dana cleary isn't in the game that I could find. But I'm ok with using out of the box rosters
ya i noticed that as well but had already started on the roster so not about to start all over again because of Dan Cleary, how EA missed players especially when they pretty much copy and pasted nhl 14 is beyond me
Post  by Sponsored content

New Math

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
WTP :: AROUND THE LEAGUE-
Jump to: