WTP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WTP

EA Sports Sim League

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inNHL Discussion Web10

NHL Discussion

Go down 
+3
Evilmonkey
BioHaZard
tommyboy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Rey

Rey

NHL Discussion Empty
PostSubject: NHL Discussion   NHL Discussion I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 5:34 pm

Figure we add this to make the forums at least a little bit more active.

Surprised? Expected?

Islanders having their best start in their franchise history?
Calgary's pair Giordano and Brodie playing out of their minds, Calgary success?
Vancouver bounce back?
Colorado's struggles?
Filip Forsberg dominance?
Dallas Stars not winning despite Tyler Seguin's potential Art Ross bid? Spezza's new big contract?
Schneider to start in every NJD game?
Edmonton still suck? Desperate to make a move now.

Discuss?

I know there's a lot of leaf fans;

Something positive?
Back to top Go down
fearthemaskedman
Trade Comittee
Trade Comittee
fearthemaskedman

NHL Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHL Discussion   NHL Discussion I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 9:59 pm

I'm really impressed with the wings this year. I know everyone who just read that rolled their eyes. But right now the wings have roughly the same record as the penguins. I really thought this was the year we didn't make the playoffs. 

Nyquist and tatar I expected to be good after their first couple of seasons in the ahl, but shehan gave no indication of being a decent 2/3rd line C. 

There was a really good article written about how there's only two players on the red wings that weren't drafted by the wings, weiss and cleary. 

Conversely the hurricanes have very few guys in important situations that they themselves drafted.
Back to top Go down
Rey

Rey

NHL Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHL Discussion   NHL Discussion I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 10:30 pm

Wasn't Mantha suppose to get a shot until he got injured? I'm not too high on Tatar or Nyquist as others. There going for the Cy young award. Surprise to see Abdelkater putting up points. It doesn't surprise me at all the way they are playing considering they are in the East. At the start of the Season, I could only see Tampa, Montreal, and Boston are locks, and everything else is a wild card. Really liked the Islanders with their acquisitions of Leddy and Boychuk. Brock Nelsen and Ryan Strome have been great for them as well.

A lot of the Eastern teams don't have the same defensive structure as the teams in the West so it's a bit more wide open imo. Detroit being in the West, not so long ago, has a bit of that structure so it's easier for them to close out and play a defensive game.

In the West. The only true bad team is Edmonton.
Back to top Go down
fearthemaskedman
Trade Comittee
Trade Comittee
fearthemaskedman

NHL Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHL Discussion   NHL Discussion I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 10:38 pm

The islanders made a huge splash and it's paid off big. Sometimes I hate that holland never trades. Look at garrison on tb. Everyone knew he was available, he came cheap and now he's blowing up
Back to top Go down
Rey

Rey

NHL Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHL Discussion   NHL Discussion I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 10:44 pm

fearthemaskedman wrote:
The islanders made a huge splash and it's paid off big. Sometimes I hate that holland never trades. Look at garrison on tb. Everyone knew he was available, he came cheap and now he's blowing up

I dunno. I didn't know Garrison was available. I wanted him traded, but he's a BC boy that had a NTC. When he was traded, i was jumping for joy. He's a steady - but boring defender with a big shot. Nothing too special about him, then again. Sadly, still better than what most of the East have to offer. Stralman, imo, has been better than Garrison. There's lots that are clicking in Tampa. Who would have thought Johnson would be putting up as much as Stamkos. There's a lot of depth on that team. Droiun is playing 5-6 minutes a game but he's still producing. Hedman's back btw.

If I'm an NHL GM. I'm looking at Tampa, if i wanted to acquire a young forward. There's not much space with the amount of depth they have. Who knows, for the right price a Connelly might be available.

Though, I'm pretty sure everyone in the East is trying to find some steady defense dman. There's a rumor around that Edmonton is trying to get both the Schenns for Perron, Petry, or something like that. I just feel bad for those Oiler players being ruined by that team right now.

Back to top Go down
Rey

Rey

NHL Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHL Discussion   NHL Discussion I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 10:59 pm

I don't know if it was true or not, but i was yelling people, even Canuck fans about Edler. The guy has always the tools to be a stud/was a stud, and Detroit was rumored to be in on it. The price rumored to be have offered was Nyquist, Smith, and Sheahan 2 years ago, and with Edler's struggled, his price must have went down a bit but boy, Edler has completely turned it around. Best Defense man on the Canucks right now. Playing like a legit number 1. If I'm Detroit, I make the same offer last off season and sell high on Nyquist. I'm glad this deal didn't happen but i think this deal would have made the Wings much better.

Considering the Wings have Mantha and Tatar already. I still think Detroit should sell on Nyquist.(Fear is going to hate me for saying it) I just don't see him ever being a typical Wings type  player. Team needs to look for the next Datsyuk and Zetterberg, and some actually think Nyquist is going to be that type of player. I just don't see it.
Back to top Go down
fearthemaskedman
Trade Comittee
Trade Comittee
fearthemaskedman

NHL Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHL Discussion   NHL Discussion I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2014 12:02 am

Rey wrote:
I don't know if it was true or not, but i was yelling people, even Canuck fans about Edler. The guy has always the tools to be a stud/was a stud, and Detroit was rumored to be in on it. The price rumored to be have offered was Nyquist, Smith, and Sheahan 2 years ago, and with Edler's struggled, his price must have went down a bit but boy, Edler has completely turned it around. Best Defense man on the Canucks right now. Playing like a legit number 1. If I'm Detroit, I make the same offer last off season and sell high on Nyquist. I'm glad this deal didn't happen but i think this deal would have made the Wings much better.

Considering the Wings have Mantha and Tatar already. I still think Detroit should sell on Nyquist.(Fear is going to hate me for saying it) I just don't see him ever being a typical Wings type  player. Team needs to look for the next Datsyuk and Zetterberg, and some actually think Nyquist is going to be that type of player. I just don't see it.

oh you will. Nyquist is something the wings have never had in my entire fandom. A pure sniper. The guy doesn't think about anything else but shoot the puck. But unlike a lot of snipers he doesn't spray and pray he's incredibly calculated. He has 60 shots on goal and 10 goals. That's absurd. If i'm Detroit Tatar is the guy i sell high on. He's good, don't get me wrong, a very typical 50 point player. But this team needs a legit top line D. 

Speaking of trades that never happened, A few years ago the BJ's passed on Nyquist,Tatar and smith for Nash. Idiots,....And they got exactly what out of that deal?

You may think i'm crazy rey, but Nyquist looks like nothing the wings have ever seen. Some guys think he's the next zetterberg but honestly he doesn't play like any player we've ever had, past or present. Best comparison I can give you is like a semin or Kovalev without the russian primadonna i'm not interested bull shit. He's legit.
Back to top Go down
Rey

Rey

NHL Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHL Discussion   NHL Discussion I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2014 12:15 am

fearthemaskedman wrote:
Rey wrote:

oh you will. Nyquist is something the wings have never had in my entire fandom. A pure sniper. The guy doesn't think about anything else but shoot the puck. But unlike a lot of snipers he doesn't spray and pray he's incredibly calculated. He has 60 shots on goal and 10 goals. That's absurd. If i'm Detroit Tatar is the guy i sell high on. He's good, don't get me wrong, a very typical 50 point player. But this team needs a legit top line D. 

Speaking of trades that never happened, A few years ago the BJ's passed on Nyquist,Tatar and smith for Nash. Idiots,....And they got exactly what out of that deal?

You may think i'm crazy rey, but Nyquist looks like nothing the wings have ever seen. Some guys think he's the next zetterberg but honestly he doesn't play like any player we've ever had, past or present. Best comparison I can give you is like a semin or Kovalev without the russian primadonna i'm not interested bull shit. He's legit.

I dunno, that's not the type of player I'd build around. BJ's got Dubinsky, Anisimov, 1st(Marc Dano i think), and Tim Erixon. I like it better than Detroit's package. Dubinsky was really good last year. He and Johanssen made a excellent one-two combo. Too bad he's injured this year. I still really like Columbus going forward. There's also a rumor that Anisimov might be traded for David Perron.

Isn't Mantha the same type of player as Nyquist and Tatar? I hear a better James Neal in Mantha.

Back to top Go down
fearthemaskedman
Trade Comittee
Trade Comittee
fearthemaskedman

NHL Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHL Discussion   NHL Discussion I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2014 9:55 am

Rey wrote:
fearthemaskedman wrote:
Rey wrote:

I dunno, that's not the type of player I'd build around. BJ's got Dubinsky, Anisimov, 1st(Marc Dano i think), and Tim Erixon. I like it better than Detroit's package. Dubinsky was really good last year. He and Johanssen made a excellent one-two combo. Too bad he's injured this year. I still really like Columbus going forward. There's also a rumor that Anisimov might be traded for David Perron.

Isn't Mantha the same type of player as Nyquist and Tatar? I hear a better James Neal in Mantha.

The knock against mantha is that he's lazy. He's the kind of player that floats all game and then still gets two goals because of his size and skill. I'm worried that isn't going to translate into the pro game.
Back to top Go down
Evilmonkey
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Evilmonkey

NHL Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHL Discussion   NHL Discussion I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2014 10:29 am

i can't believe edmonton still sucks, all the high end picks they have had the past decade, i thought a few years ago they would be just like the pens load up on all these players and be awesome......they still suck.
Back to top Go down
http://whatthepuck4life.wix.com/whatthepuck
Rey

Rey

NHL Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHL Discussion   NHL Discussion I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2014 11:09 pm

fearthemaskedman wrote:
Rey wrote:
fearthemaskedman wrote:
Rey wrote:

The knock against mantha is that he's lazy. He's the kind of player that floats all game and then still gets two goals because of his size and skill. I'm worried that isn't going to translate into the pro game.

Yeah that's Neal for you. I don't think any of the three are players you build around but all three do the same job. score goals.

Maybe in 2 years, you guys bring back home town boy Ryan Kesler, and if he learns how to pass again, they'll compliment that type of center.

Back to top Go down
Rey

Rey

NHL Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHL Discussion   NHL Discussion I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2014 11:14 pm

Evilmonkey wrote:
i can't believe edmonton still sucks, all the high end picks they have had the past decade, i thought a few years ago they would be just like the pens load up on all these players and be awesome......they still suck.

Terrible management. Lowe needs to be gone, but apparently Katz wants him to stay. Picked a poor coach, and there's literally no structure or system on that team. They should have kept Ralph Kreuger because he had his players play properly, now hes a Soccer coach i think.

I feel bad for some of the players that have been ruined by this organization.

Well, there's plenty of rumors of them making a trade soon.

Back to top Go down
tommyboy
Trade Comittee
Trade Comittee
tommyboy

NHL Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHL Discussion   NHL Discussion I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 4:28 pm

I dont think dallas eakins is that bad, but KEVIN LOWE NEEDS TO GO.  the guy is a tool.  I do believe he has his NYR picture hanging up in his office too.  Really? lol.  

How about those Flames this year!!! Johnny hockey gives us a glimpse into the future, and there's no harder working team then the that flaming C!!!   Giordano continuing his play from last year (still woulda taken him over hamhuis for the olympics) and TJ BRodie getting the credit he deserves now.  For those that dont know, when brodie first started on the flames he wore #66.  Yeahhhhhh... that had to be changed!

A lot of scouts saying GIO and Brodie are the best duo in the league at the moment and I do not disagree!!  

Now, how about that forsberg trade to nashville from washington....   WOOPS!!! that has a stench of mike milbury!
Back to top Go down
Krauzer
Krauzer

NHL Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHL Discussion   NHL Discussion I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 9:04 pm

We've been shit for so long Tommy I'm hesitant to say we're out of it yet. Flames are playing at an unsustainable pace and it won't last.

Besides, even if we did make the playoffs we still don't have the proper defense to win and go deep. It's fun to watch us win like this but sooner or later we will come crashing back down go earth.
Back to top Go down
fearthemaskedman
Trade Comittee
Trade Comittee
fearthemaskedman

NHL Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHL Discussion   NHL Discussion I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2014 3:22 pm

The thing with the oilers is strange. It's like a trained monkey is doing the drafting for these guys. Everyone is the NHL knows edm has two needs,..goaltending and D. Yet for almost their entire history they have lacked in those areas. Quick name a great oilers D man in their history other than Paul Coffey (maybe kevin lowe)

Carolina is the same way,......Since moving winning the cup Carolina's most glaring need has been a D worth a spit. They finally drafted Fleury, which was a step in the right direction, but seriously guys? How hard is it to draft some D men in the second round worth a spit?
Back to top Go down
Rey

Rey

NHL Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHL Discussion   NHL Discussion I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2014 4:59 pm

You guys catch the yotes game? 3rd rounder of Edmonton in 2011 scores two short handed goals in 58 seconds. Tobias reider is playing great for the yotes. The guy the oilers got back is a echl scrub

As if things couldn't get worst. It does. 10 game losing streak. Could be the worst team in history
Back to top Go down
BioHaZard
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
BioHaZard

NHL Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHL Discussion   NHL Discussion I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2014 11:05 am

everyone see Ovies goal the other night? god that was sick
Back to top Go down
Evilmonkey
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Evilmonkey

NHL Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHL Discussion   NHL Discussion I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2014 11:18 am

ugh wasn't it though....i loved OV when he first came into the league and iv lost some respect for him over the years with his attitude, but my god that guy can score goals.
Back to top Go down
fearthemaskedman
Trade Comittee
Trade Comittee
fearthemaskedman

NHL Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHL Discussion   NHL Discussion I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2014 11:21 am

anyone want to commiserate with me over the wings losing six straight but going 0-1-5 during that time?

I really hate the shootout.
Back to top Go down
Evilmonkey
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Evilmonkey

NHL Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHL Discussion   NHL Discussion I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2014 11:25 am

fearthemaskedman wrote:
anyone want to commiserate with me over the wings losing six straight but going 0-1-5 during that time?

I really hate the shootout.
hey how about a 6 game winning streak then losing to the worst team in the league to start a now 3 game losing streak....but i do agree i do not like the shootout i think an extended OT and leaving it as a tie or a 5 min 4 on 4 and then a 3 on 3 for 5 min system or something would be better then a shootout
Back to top Go down
Krauzer
Krauzer

NHL Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHL Discussion   NHL Discussion I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2014 8:35 pm

Why must Carolina and Edmonton be so bad.

The Flames are going to finish just outside of the good picks.

Sad
Back to top Go down
fearthemaskedman
Trade Comittee
Trade Comittee
fearthemaskedman

NHL Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHL Discussion   NHL Discussion I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2014 8:37 pm

Oh don't worry, Once the canes get Jordin Staal back they'll win just enough games to pick outside the top five like they have for years now. If they're smart, they sell sekera at the least. If they're bold and smart they sell off everyone else.

I'm terrified this team is going to try and do it like the flames did (no offense) and finally wise up to trade Eric Staal when his value is basically nill.
Back to top Go down
Krauzer
Krauzer

NHL Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHL Discussion   NHL Discussion I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2014 8:41 pm

Nothing anyone says offends me anymore, fear.

Flames have been the "joke" of the league since this year when Edmonton finally took the reigns.

Also, we are master's of the 13th-14th pick. Just good enough to barely miss the playoffs, not bad enough to be a lottery team.

Back to top Go down
Mastershake
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Mastershake

NHL Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHL Discussion   NHL Discussion I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2014 8:47 pm

can't believe buffalo, looked like they were going to finish dead last for sure this year when everyone was going on about edmonton buffalo was just as bad or worse and then bam
Back to top Go down
Rey

Rey

NHL Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHL Discussion   NHL Discussion I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2014 10:55 pm

i wonder if the all-star votes helping the kids confidence in buffalo. Anyways, they probably will fall down to earth again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

NHL Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHL Discussion   NHL Discussion I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NHL Discussion
Page 1 of 1