WTP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WTP

EA Sports Sim League

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inShoot the shit - Page 2 Web10

Shoot the shit

Go down 
+11
Krauzer
WhiteKryptonite
Mastershake
Zetty40
DJGLENN
Colthorn
BioHaZard
fearthemaskedman
tommyboy
MagicMan
Evilmonkey
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Evilmonkey
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Evilmonkey

Shoot the shit - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Shoot the shit   Shoot the shit - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 7:15 pm

First topic message reminder :

since the chat room thing can kind of be a pain logging in and have to go to archives to see previous messages i thought id start a thread where we can just talk about whatever as if we were in a chat. Id like guys to be active in the forums anyway, chatting giving input etc so lets see how it gos.

I will be continually working on the forums as i get free time so dont panic if you see something that looks retarded doesn't mean it will last. Like the wallpaper for instance im on the fence about it i think it looked clean cut with the plain background but was a little dull to this one might be too busy what do you guys think?

BTW this is set as a global announcement so it shows up in every topic

Last edited by Evilmonkey on Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:03 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://whatthepuck4life.wix.com/whatthepuck

AuthorMessage
WhiteKryptonite
Rookie Member
Rookie Member
WhiteKryptonite

PostSubject: Re: Shoot the shit   Shoot the shit - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 9:22 pm

This is my first SIM Hockey forum I have been on and I have to say I am really enjoying myself so far, It is even better at the moment due to the NHL being on a break due to the Olympics so I cant do anything with my hockey pool haha. Just wanted to say thanks for letting me join and good luck to everyone!!
Back to top Go down
BioHaZard
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
BioHaZard

PostSubject: Re: Shoot the shit   Shoot the shit - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 12:36 pm

WhiteKryptonite wrote:
This is my first SIM Hockey forum I have been on and I have to say I am really enjoying myself so far, It is even better at the moment due to the NHL being on a break due to the Olympics so I cant do anything with my hockey pool haha. Just wanted to say thanks for letting me join and good luck to everyone!!
Hey thank you for joining! always good to have new dedicated guys on board its what has kept this league a live for so long. That and Evil and Zettys time and efforts
Back to top Go down
Evilmonkey
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Evilmonkey

PostSubject: Re: Shoot the shit   Shoot the shit - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2014 1:45 pm

want to see what everyone thinks but me and zetty came up with something that i think would be cool to implement and that is putting a restriction on how many time you can lock up a player.

for example tommy has Crosby so of course hes going to wanna lock him up, but we are thinking if we limit it to you can only lock up a player 3 seasons in a row Max that it adds more excitment to FA know that Crosby COULD become a FA. Again it is COULD just because he cant lock him up wouldn't mean he would be come a free agent theres just the option there that he could. It would also add to the deadline TOm could then look at it like hes out of a playoff spot cant lock up crosby so why not trade him making sure he gets full value for him instead of taking the chance of losing him for nothing....

So what do you guys think? just to clarify to its 3 in a row you could go one season then not lock him up the next so on and if you lock him up for 3 take the chance and dont lose him in the 4th you then get another 3 in a row to lock him up. Also if hes traded he gets 3 more locks for the new GM if that GM choose to use it.

We would be cracking down on the BORROWING idea if we did this to eliminate guys from trade him at the deadline then trading him back in the off season to get another 3 locks etc
Back to top Go down
fearthemaskedman
Trade Comittee
Trade Comittee
fearthemaskedman

PostSubject: Re: Shoot the shit   Shoot the shit - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2014 2:33 pm

Intresting idea evil. I'll wait to see what everyone's opinion is before i comment.
Back to top Go down
Zetty40
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Zetty40

PostSubject: Re: Shoot the shit   Shoot the shit - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2014 4:19 pm

i know we talked about this the other night but this I could take or leave I mean I like the idea of someone potentially getting some good players in the FA mix but weather we had a cap ect like before or any sort of FA implementation guys are always going to make sure there stars are locked up year after year no mater what. Plus whether you like the idea or not you lose Crosby even by chance your going to be friggin pissed and id rather avoid that. Most league if another guy has Crosby you have already come to the conclusion that the only way you are getting him is by a trade.
Back to top Go down
Evilmonkey
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Evilmonkey

PostSubject: Re: Shoot the shit   Shoot the shit - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2014 4:56 pm

Zetty40 wrote:
i know we talked about this the other night but this I could take or leave I mean I like the idea of someone potentially getting some good players in the FA mix but weather we had a cap ect like before or any sort of FA implementation guys are always going to make sure there stars are locked up year after year no mater what. Plus whether you like the idea or not you lose Crosby even by chance your going to be friggin pissed and id rather avoid that. Most league if another guy has Crosby you have already come to the conclusion that the only way you are getting him is by a trade.

i dont care if we implement it or not either just thought id throw it out there see what everyone else thinks
Back to top Go down
tommyboy
Trade Comittee
Trade Comittee
tommyboy

PostSubject: Re: Shoot the shit   Shoot the shit - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 12:12 am

well, me having crosby and AO on the same team i know you guys think id be against it.. But i dunno, i think im on the fence with it.. To be honest the longest Ive held any player for was ovechkin in WTP. But I can promise you every guy on my team will be traded at one point or another. Everybody has a price... Im like that but i know not everyone is.. this could be a way that cycles the league.. If it does happen id vote for maybe 5 seasons, as we pretty much get 3-6 seasons per EA SPORTS game.
Back to top Go down
Krauzer
Krauzer

PostSubject: Re: Shoot the shit   Shoot the shit - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 12:16 am

Sorry, didn't see this until now. I'm kinda inclined to go with Zetty here. He summed it up perfect. Would be a tough pill to swallow if Crosby was taken from me like that, even if I was in the spot where I had the opportunity to trade him, and knew I was going to lose him. Stars like that get moved once in awhile, just not very often.

That being said, It certainly adds an element to FA every once in awhile that would be exciting and potentially shift the tides of the league.

I suppose unless your in a team's shoes that has a elite tier player you wouldn't really know.
Back to top Go down
Zetty40
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Zetty40

PostSubject: Re: Shoot the shit   Shoot the shit - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 6:54 pm

BAM $5 bucks Evil told ya id figure out that count down clock  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Evilmonkey
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Evilmonkey

PostSubject: Re: Shoot the shit   Shoot the shit - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 6:55 pm

Zetty40 wrote:
BAM $5 bucks Evil told ya id figure out that count down clock  Very Happy 
LOL WTF I could not figure it out for the life of me
Back to top Go down
Zetty40
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Zetty40

PostSubject: Re: Shoot the shit   Shoot the shit - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 6:56 pm

it has 2 codes you were taking the big long one you only needed to take the small code and bam good to go
Back to top Go down
tommyboy
Trade Comittee
Trade Comittee
tommyboy

PostSubject: Re: Shoot the shit   Shoot the shit - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 12:09 am

what countdown?
Back to top Go down
tommyboy
Trade Comittee
Trade Comittee
tommyboy

PostSubject: Re: Shoot the shit   Shoot the shit - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 12:09 am

forget it lol
Back to top Go down
Zetty40
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Zetty40

PostSubject: Re: Shoot the shit   Shoot the shit - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 9:51 am

tommyboy wrote:
forget it lol
if you are on a phone it doesn't show up. It didn't on mine anyway
Back to top Go down
Evilmonkey
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Evilmonkey

PostSubject: Re: Shoot the shit   Shoot the shit - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 5:39 pm

Iv made a Commissioner log in so if anyone sees it you can pretty much ignore it. I wanted it for posting League things and making changes so that my personal profile and team stuff didn't come up. It was irritating me everytime id go into someones team page and it showed my team logos off to the side. I also revamped the roster pages a bit and put bigger logos on the main forum so its easier to click when your on a mobile device etc. All Pm's etc still go to my personal log in.
Back to top Go down
Evilmonkey
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Evilmonkey

PostSubject: Re: Shoot the shit   Shoot the shit - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 4:48 pm

too all you guys on Valentines Day from a leaf fan
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
COMMISSIONER

COMMISSIONER

PostSubject: Re: Shoot the shit   Shoot the shit - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 5:11 pm

anyone interested in using there points towards upgrading one of there players pm me and ill let you know how many pts you have
Back to top Go down
WhiteKryptonite
Rookie Member
Rookie Member
WhiteKryptonite

PostSubject: Re: Shoot the shit   Shoot the shit - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 7:49 pm

Are we able to use these points at any point during the season? Or just before the start?
Back to top Go down
Evilmonkey
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Evilmonkey

PostSubject: Re: Shoot the shit   Shoot the shit - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 7:51 pm

just the start its the only time i can do any editing to players
Back to top Go down
tommyboy
Trade Comittee
Trade Comittee
tommyboy

PostSubject: Re: Shoot the shit   Shoot the shit - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 9:23 pm

Wow miller and ott to the blues!!!!
Back to top Go down
fearthemaskedman
Trade Comittee
Trade Comittee
fearthemaskedman

PostSubject: Re: Shoot the shit   Shoot the shit - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 9:32 pm

wow,...blues for the cup hard corps.
Back to top Go down
COMMISSIONER

COMMISSIONER

PostSubject: Re: Shoot the shit   Shoot the shit - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 9:40 am

COMMISSIONER wrote:
anyone interested in using there points towards upgrading one of there players pm me and ill let you know how many pts you have
NEED TO KNOW THIS BY TONIGHT
Back to top Go down
heisenberg
Sophomore Member
Sophomore Member
heisenberg

PostSubject: Re: Shoot the shit   Shoot the shit - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2014 10:18 pm

lots of trades today
Back to top Go down
Evilmonkey
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Evilmonkey

PostSubject: Re: Shoot the shit   Shoot the shit - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 9:15 am

forums are being tinkered with so theme and colors will be changing around at times
Back to top Go down
fearthemaskedman
Trade Comittee
Trade Comittee
fearthemaskedman

PostSubject: Re: Shoot the shit   Shoot the shit - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 9:17 am

Looks really good so far
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shoot the shit   Shoot the shit - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shoot the shit
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
WTP :: LOBBY :: GENERAL CHIT CHAT-
Jump to: