WTP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WTP

EA Sports Sim League

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inNHL Playoffs Web10

NHL Playoffs

Go down 
+6
BioHaZard
WhiteKryptonite
Krauzer
tommyboy
Zetty40
Rey
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Rey

Rey

NHL Playoffs Empty
PostSubject: NHL Playoffs   NHL Playoffs I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 2:54 pm

Well, this boards been pretty quiet, so um. Anyone got their brackets set up? on nhl.com or whatever? oh yeah, and of course my team gets the 6th overall pick in a shitty draft.

Here's mine.

NHL Playoffs Playoff_prediction

I'm probably wrong cause i like a variety of winners but we're so used to the same guys winning these days...oh well. I think a lot of people have boston coming out of the east, but the west is a wildcard. Thoughts on the nhl playoffs? your picks?

Am i the only one who thinks Columbus might take out Pittsburgh?
Back to top Go down
Zetty40
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Zetty40

NHL Playoffs Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs   NHL Playoffs I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 4:43 pm

boston is the only team i feel confident saying they get to the finals they are by far the strongest team all around IMO in the west i think colorado could do it.
Back to top Go down
tommyboy
Trade Comittee
Trade Comittee
tommyboy

NHL Playoffs Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs   NHL Playoffs I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 6:19 pm

i had boston winning against the sharks and tie break goals at 25
Back to top Go down
Krauzer
Krauzer

NHL Playoffs Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs   NHL Playoffs I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 6:20 pm

I think no question Boston is the ecf. Here's hoping Iginla wins the cup he rightfully deserves.

Also, on the topic of the board being quiet, I'm always open for trades due to Calgary not being any good since that miracle of a 1st season.
Back to top Go down
WhiteKryptonite
Rookie Member
Rookie Member
WhiteKryptonite

NHL Playoffs Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs   NHL Playoffs I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 6:59 pm

Boston is obviously a top favourite team to win in the East and the Cup. I also think that Tampa Bay will be a good team to watch in the east, they are a solid all around team.

To answer you're question REY about the CBJ and PITT's, granted I do think that CBJ will give PITT's a run for their money, but PITT's is a Playoff team and always performs well.

I have to agree with ZETTY Colorado is a solid team in the west that many people are underestimating. So all said and done I'm going to have to go out on a limb and go:

Boston Bruins East> But I Think Tampa also has a chance
Colorado Avalanche West>

Back to top Go down
tommyboy
Trade Comittee
Trade Comittee
tommyboy

NHL Playoffs Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs   NHL Playoffs I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 7:01 pm

i honestly think columbus is going to beat the pens!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
tommyboy
Trade Comittee
Trade Comittee
tommyboy

NHL Playoffs Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs   NHL Playoffs I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 7:01 pm

columbus reminds me of 04 flames. just got a feeling
Back to top Go down
Rey

Rey

NHL Playoffs Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs   NHL Playoffs I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 7:03 pm

i like pittsburgh, but fleury chokes every year.
Back to top Go down
WhiteKryptonite
Rookie Member
Rookie Member
WhiteKryptonite

NHL Playoffs Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs   NHL Playoffs I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 7:21 pm

So by 04 Flames they are going to be beat by Tampa Bay?  Razz

I'm sure CBJ will do well against PITT's and it would be good to see them do well as they are probably one of the most surprising teams this season in the NHL along with Colorado
Back to top Go down
BioHaZard
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
BioHaZard

NHL Playoffs Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs   NHL Playoffs I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 7:32 pm

Not a big fan of the ducks winning but be a nice ending for selanne
Back to top Go down
Mastershake
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Mastershake

NHL Playoffs Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs   NHL Playoffs I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 5:08 pm

i think either chi or col make the finals in the west bos or mtl make the finals in the east with chicago winning it not matter what eastern team they play if colorado makes it and its against montreal colorado wins the cup if its against boston then boston wins the cup
Back to top Go down
fearthemaskedman
Trade Comittee
Trade Comittee
fearthemaskedman

NHL Playoffs Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs   NHL Playoffs I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2014 11:00 pm

Just one game, but that sound you just heard was the city of boston collectively crapping it's pants. Take us lightly at your own peril.
Back to top Go down
WhiteKryptonite
Rookie Member
Rookie Member
WhiteKryptonite

NHL Playoffs Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs   NHL Playoffs I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2014 12:50 am

fearthemaskedman wrote:
Just one game, but that sound you just heard was the city of boston collectively crapping it's pants. Take us lightly at your own peril.

Datsyuk signed that cheque!
Back to top Go down
Krauzer
Krauzer

NHL Playoffs Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs   NHL Playoffs I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2014 1:27 am

fearthemaskedman wrote:

Aye, exactly right Fear.

Just one game.
Back to top Go down
fearthemaskedman
Trade Comittee
Trade Comittee
fearthemaskedman

NHL Playoffs Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs   NHL Playoffs I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2014 3:19 am

Krauzer wrote:
fearthemaskedman wrote:

Aye, exactly right Fear.

Just one game.

They may stomp us in the mud for the next four games, but earlier today the bruins announce team was saying how easy a series this was going to be for boston and how the red wings couldn't possibly hang. For just one night, we did more than hang.
Back to top Go down
Rey

Rey

NHL Playoffs Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs   NHL Playoffs I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2014 3:33 am

Bruins announce team literally have the biggest homers in the league. I didn't mind that the Canucks lost in the finals a few years ago, but that Jack Edwards guy is unbearable. Okay, sure all the team announcers are bias, but my god, even when the Bruins blatantly kill a guy, it wouldn't have been the bruins fault. It was the victims fault, cause that's just the way it is.

Coming into the playoffs, I don't think there's a single team that could surprise everyone. It's great, the NHL is so diverse and competitive now, it's not like back then, any team could sneak in and just take it all. Heck, when i said i thought Columbus had a chance, i mean it, if Bobrovsky can get it together, he wasn't that sharp in game 1.

Any real NHL fan knows, there's no easy series. Boston has a really deep team, and haven't lost more than 2 in a row, all season long. They've been fantastic. It doesn't matter if it's Detroit, everyone banking on them to make the Eastern Conference Final, and beyond. They're just a good team. So, it's not necessary to take offense to it.

I don't think anyone doubts that the Wings could be competitive. It's just that there's many inexperienced young guys, and Zetterberg-less. When it comes to the playoffs, it all depends on luck. So many Cup champions, where a goal from elimination and got a lucky bounce. It's just the way it is.
Back to top Go down
Rey

Rey

NHL Playoffs Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs   NHL Playoffs I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2014 3:42 am

Anyways, It's been a hell of a playoffs so far. I love how guys like Bob Mackenzie, and Piere McGuire are just so into it as well. They know absolutely everything about the players.

I think, it was Bob Mackenzie, or I'm not too sure, but it sounded like Bob Mac, commenting on Ondrej Palat being a 4th rounder, said something along the lines of*, "Scouts believed Ondrej Palat could only score in the AHL, boy has he proved them wrong. Better, fire those scouts".

Back to top Go down
Rey

Rey

NHL Playoffs Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs   NHL Playoffs I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2014 3:54 am

Anyone catch this during the Chicago/St.Louis game? Joel Quenneville does the disco, and then grabs his balls. Absolutely hilarious. Fined 25k.

Back to top Go down
Rey

Rey

NHL Playoffs Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs   NHL Playoffs I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2014 4:01 am

and back to Fear, and Boston.

Boston fans are defending this play.

NHL Playoffs IbdHqn7wpx9hyD

-.-
Back to top Go down
Krauzer
Krauzer

NHL Playoffs Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs   NHL Playoffs I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2014 4:05 am

What Lucic did was scum-tier. That should be a suspension for remainder of round 1 IMO. Maybe even round 2. There's no reason for that kinda shit.

EDIT: And I didn't take offence to anything.

EDIT 2: I'm a Flames fan, after all. I learned to stop taking Hockey related stuff seriously, LONG AGO, lol.

Back to top Go down
WhiteKryptonite
Rookie Member
Rookie Member
WhiteKryptonite

NHL Playoffs Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs   NHL Playoffs I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2014 4:44 am

Rey wrote:
Anyone catch this during the Chicago/St.Louis game? Joel Quenneville does the disco, and then grabs his balls. Absolutely hilarious. Fined 25k.

That was hilarious, I'm sure the refs got the message that he was putting down haha.

Also I feel that CBJ will be able to beat Pitts too, after they showed the determination in game one by giving Pitts a run. Like you said as long as Bobrovsky stays solid between the pipes, I think CBJ will beat Pitts

Back to top Go down
fearthemaskedman
Trade Comittee
Trade Comittee
fearthemaskedman

NHL Playoffs Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs   NHL Playoffs I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2014 11:02 am

I've seen those posts Rey. Their train of thought is its playoff hockey. They will be the same group calling for kronwalls head when he sends a bruin into next week
Back to top Go down
Rey

Rey

NHL Playoffs Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs   NHL Playoffs I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2014 3:05 pm

and Lucic gets a 5k fine. lol
Back to top Go down
Krauzer
Krauzer

NHL Playoffs Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs   NHL Playoffs I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2014 8:07 pm

Weak. Not even a suspension.
Back to top Go down
Krauzer
Krauzer

NHL Playoffs Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs   NHL Playoffs I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2014 5:06 pm

Lol @ Chara and Smith nearly fighting. That would have been awesome to see.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

NHL Playoffs Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs   NHL Playoffs I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NHL Playoffs
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
WTP :: LOBBY :: NHL TALK-
Jump to: