WTP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WTP

EA Sports Sim League

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inFix your favorite team Web10

Fix your favorite team

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
fearthemaskedman
Trade Comittee
Trade Comittee
fearthemaskedman

Fix your favorite team Empty
PostSubject: Fix your favorite team   Fix your favorite team I_icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2014 3:16 am

Just a bit of fun. We all play a game where we are gm's for a virtual team. What would you do to fix your actual favorite NHL team?

For example, for Detroit i'd try and trade Franzen to Vancouver for Elder or to Buffalo for Erhoff. Depending on how far along Sproul is, I might sign Boyle to a one year deal.

The worst thing for Detroit to do is try and add another scoring forward. We don't need one, Let the damn kids play. 

For Carolina, I'd trade Ward for just about anything I could get. Edmonton needs a real goalie, but i'm not holding my breath about getting a real return.

Another team that desperately needs a breath of fresh air is the leafs, I know the Phaneuf contract is a tire fire, but i'll say it as a canes fan, he'd be the best D man this team has had since Glen Wesley was a hartford whaler. 

Hell if Toronto would do ward for phaneuf i'd take that all day. 

In my opinion i'd put out feelers on trading both the staals. Either seperatly or together, it's time for those two to go. Like Thorton in Boston, this team can't go forward with Staal as it's captain.
Back to top Go down
Rey

Rey

PostSubject: Re: Fix your favorite team   Fix your favorite team I_icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2014 5:29 am

I wouldn't say this is my favorite team, but it's my home team so its my "favorite" team by default.

Canucks are screwed. I'd fuck them all up, and tank for McDavid or Eichel, next year. Fuck, the next 10 picks of next year, are probably better than the 1st overall guy this year. This draft sucks, and I'd trade that 6th in a second.

Many possibilities, like i said. I'd rebuild, but owner wants revenue. Contrary to the consensus of Canuck fans, I wouldn't trade Edler but I'd move every other dman on the team. Do whatever it takes to bring home Bc Boy Evander Kane, despite his attitude to play with Kesler. That'd be a start i guess.
Back to top Go down
Rey

Rey

PostSubject: Re: Fix your favorite team   Fix your favorite team I_icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2014 5:38 am

fearthemaskedman wrote:
Just a bit of fun. We all play a game where we are gm's for a virtual team. What would you do to fix your actual favorite NHL team?

For example, for Detroit i'd try and trade Franzen to Vancouver for Elder or to Buffalo for Erhoff. Depending on how far along Sproul is, I might sign Boyle to a one year deal.

The worst thing for Detroit to do is try and add another scoring forward. We don't need one, Let the damn kids play. 

For Carolina, I'd trade Ward for just about anything I could get. Edmonton needs a real goalie, but i'm not holding my breath about getting a real return.

Another team that desperately needs a breath of fresh air is the leafs, I know the Phaneuf contract is a tire fire, but i'll say it as a canes fan, he'd be the best D man this team has had since Glen Wesley was a hartford whaler. 

Hell if Toronto would do ward for phaneuf i'd take that all day. 

In my opinion i'd put out feelers on trading both the staals. Either seperatly or together, it's time for those two to go. Like Thorton in Boston, this team can't go forward with Staal as it's captain.

I think Detroit is in a tough situation. I honestly believe, that is probably 1-2 kids that is the real deal, and everyone just used them for the season for that extra push in motivation. Nyquist is good, but it'll be tougher for him now, along with every other Wings rookie that made a impact last year. I think the playoffs really showed that they are still young, and unable to play when it matters most. Nyquist is good, but i just don't think he'll be Datsyuk or Zetterberg good. If I'm detroit, I sell high and trade some of the kids, but that's obviously not going to happen.

Now, that the kids made names for themselves, they'll be more of a focus next year, though they got shut down in the playoffs, without having to play against most of Boston's top guys.

Don't think Toronto needs a goalie. Leaf fans have given Jonathan Bernier the "Franchise" Label.

Don't think, the team can move Eric, they've invested way too much by acquiring Jordan. They aren't the problem, just give the Captaincy to someone else. The whole team was sloppy last year, and showed absolutely no compete. Maybe a coaching change helps, who knows. At least, they'll get someone for Cam Ward.
Back to top Go down
Evilmonkey
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Evilmonkey

PostSubject: Re: Fix your favorite team   Fix your favorite team I_icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2014 8:43 am

The leafs need to spend like 85% of this off seasons fixing their Defense.

I dont hate Phaneuf the guy plays damn near 30min a game he bound to make mistakes, it's the contract that i hate just cause he plays S.weber minutes doesn't mean he deserves that amount of money they should have traded him while he was in his old contract. If Nonis can trade him and get a decent return without having to eat 2+ mill of his contract to make it happen then that will be huge.

Gunnarson needs to go hes not terrible but hes not that good either and at 3+ mill screw that in fact the only leafs defence i would keep is reilly gardiner franson

forwards i think did really good last year for the most part leafs defense killed them, all id try to do their is cut cost bolland was great before he got injured if he would take a 1-2 yr contract for a mill or so less done, kulemin has become a shut down guy instead of the goal scorer they thought he was going to be when they signed him to that 3mill contract a few years ago if they can chop 500k - 750k off that then id keep him for a good 3rd line shut down roll otherwise see ya with guys like d'amigo ashton holland etc in the marlies he wouldn't be too hard to replace. mason raymond was a steal and a half guy gets like 43 pts and signed for 1mill after coming to the team on a tryout lol hes going to want close to 3mill which i would only sign him to if they intended on using him in an offensive roll lupul kadri raymond would be a decent second line only thing is is they have friggin clarkson making 5+ mill a season so to have him on the 3rd line is ridiculous and having an offensive player like raymond whos fast and small on a 3rd line checking roll is a waste even though he did pretty much play there all season long this year and got 43 pts.

The most interesting thing will be Reimer and i personally would trade him not because hes a bad goalie but because he got completely thrown under the bus and i feel bad for the guy, if he went to like the Islanders or some team like that where he could be the number 1 i think he would do well and i think he is the key in a package to the leafs improving their defense
Back to top Go down
http://whatthepuck4life.wix.com/whatthepuck
Rey

Rey

PostSubject: Re: Fix your favorite team   Fix your favorite team I_icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2014 2:32 pm

With the way the media is making it out, looks like Reimer is as good as gone.
Back to top Go down
Colthorn
Colthorn

PostSubject: Re: Fix your favorite team   Fix your favorite team I_icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2014 2:35 pm

My perspective on the Leafs:

let the following players go:
Bolland
Kulemin
McClemment
Orr
Mclaren.

There is NO REASON to play Orr and Mclaren 2 minutes a game while leaving Ashton and Holland on the Marlies. Use the kids on the bottom 6 and let them develop as a team. Marlies are playing well in the AHL and are the 3rd youngest team in a league.

Call up the following from the Marlies:
Lievo
Granlund
D'Amigo
Ashton
Holland

Trade Gunnarson for whatever you can get (probably nothing). Keep Phaneuf but limit his ice time to 22 minutes or less. When he plays more than that it really shows.
Back to top Go down
Evilmonkey
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Evilmonkey

PostSubject: Re: Fix your favorite team   Fix your favorite team I_icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2014 5:00 pm

mcclement i would keep hes cheap kills penalties and good faceoff guy perfect for 4th line and pk agree orr and mclaren are useless
Back to top Go down
http://whatthepuck4life.wix.com/whatthepuck
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fix your favorite team   Fix your favorite team I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fix your favorite team
Page 1 of 1