WTP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WTP

EA Sports Sim League

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inNHL Playoffs - Page 3 Web10

NHL Playoffs

Go down 
+6
BioHaZard
WhiteKryptonite
Krauzer
tommyboy
Zetty40
Rey
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Rey

Rey

NHL Playoffs - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: NHL Playoffs   NHL Playoffs - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 2:54 pm

First topic message reminder :

Well, this boards been pretty quiet, so um. Anyone got their brackets set up? on nhl.com or whatever? oh yeah, and of course my team gets the 6th overall pick in a shitty draft.

Here's mine.

NHL Playoffs - Page 3 Playoff_prediction

I'm probably wrong cause i like a variety of winners but we're so used to the same guys winning these days...oh well. I think a lot of people have boston coming out of the east, but the west is a wildcard. Thoughts on the nhl playoffs? your picks?

Am i the only one who thinks Columbus might take out Pittsburgh?
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Krauzer
Krauzer

PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs   NHL Playoffs - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 10:51 am

Stanley Cup, two gold medals. Personal trophies. Definently not a winner
Back to top Go down
fearthemaskedman
Trade Comittee
Trade Comittee
fearthemaskedman

PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs   NHL Playoffs - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 10:56 am

Krauzer wrote:
Stanley Cup,  two gold medals. Personal trophies.  Definently not a winner

One Stanley cup.

One.

I'm not arguing that he's not an incredible regular season player or an amazing Olympian. But people are starting to question his leadership and they should. He doesn't score much in playoffs these days and at the end of the day that's where his legacy is going to be. Can he answer his critics and lead his team when it counts in the nhl.
Back to top Go down
fearthemaskedman
Trade Comittee
Trade Comittee
fearthemaskedman

PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs   NHL Playoffs - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 11:10 am

I mean toews doesn't have the individual awards but he's got two cups (about to be three) and the golds too.

The afore mentioned Salic and yzerman had all that and multi cups.

Hey look if Crosby comes back next season and scores 10 playoff goals in a 7 game Stanley cup series I'll eat crow. Otherwise I stand by my opinion, he's a regular season guy.
Back to top Go down
tommyboy
Trade Comittee
Trade Comittee
tommyboy

PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs   NHL Playoffs - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 12:57 pm

i think crosby also gets a LOT more attention then some other players too. Yes he does whine a bit, but he also takes a bunch of crap. Love him or hatem, still the best player in the world!
Back to top Go down
Rey

Rey

PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs   NHL Playoffs - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 2:32 pm

fearthemaskedman wrote:
I mean toews doesn't have the individual awards but he's got two cups (about to be three) and the golds too.

Hey look if Crosby comes back next season and scores 10 playoff goals in a 7 game Stanley cup series I'll eat crow. Otherwise I stand by my opinion, he's a regular season guy.

You can't go on and say that Crosby can't score in the playoffs, than go to Toews and say that he won a couple cups. Toews scored 3 goals, and 14 points in 24 games in his last cup victory.

The day is still young, Crosby is still just 26. I think we're seeing Crosby grow up. He's not going to be as good as he once was because he realizes that he takes too much damage and it'll be bad for long term, but he's maturing for sure. Tommy is right, athletes are more criticized and scrutinized in this day and era.

Yzerman and Sakic, weren't as popular as they are now, when they were young either. It was until, they were in their late 30's and earned the respect for having long and meaningful careers. Now, we look back at them, as gentlemen and legends.
Back to top Go down
Rey

Rey

PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs   NHL Playoffs - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 2:39 pm

Zetty40 wrote:
Rey wrote:
fearthemaskedman wrote:
a post from a penguins fan:

"Disco Dan (what they call their coach) tried everything he  could, but ultimately it's up to Crosby to produce in the playoffs. Our team is built around two of the best players of their time, only one is showing up."

I've been saying for years that maybe malkin is the better player overall and is living in Crosby's shadow. Now before you all flame the mess out of me, national hero and all. When was the last time Crosby dominated a post season?

I hate Crosby, but I've gained some respect for him in these playoffs. He took so much damage, but didn't say anything. Used to call him a whiny little brat, but he just took the abuse and didn't do anything about it.

Malkin, has always been the best offensive player in the league, but Crosby can do everything else, therefore a little bit more well rounded. I wouldn't blame it on the two of them, when you have the leagues best 1-2 players, its the GM's job to surround them with better players.

really? all i saw crosby do is take cheap shots after a whistle spear slash etc then skate away and have teammates stick up for him when the guy he just shoved slashed or speared after the whistle came after him

That's exactly what he should do. He used to go on and whine about it, and fight back only to look horrible. It just shows his maturity.

Malkin, who i like better as player, always will retaliate and get a undisciplined penalty. He's also, learning from Crosby though and getting better with that though.
Back to top Go down
Rey

Rey

PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs   NHL Playoffs - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 2:44 pm

Crosby's reign as the best player in the world might be over soon anyways. He's taking too much damage over the years, and his game is just too conservative now. A guy like, MacKinnon who looks like the most explosive player in the league at times could take over. Seriously, i thought Duchene was a top 10 elusive player, then MacKinnon blows him out of the water.

Then, there's McDavid who is like Crosby at the same age, with better stick handling skills.

I think people will start respecting Crosby more, as he gets older and if he keeps maturing like a player like we are seeing unfold.
Back to top Go down
Rey

Rey

PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs   NHL Playoffs - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 2:45 pm

Woah, Looked like Pierre McGuire had an orgasm. That was disturbing.
Back to top Go down
fearthemaskedman
Trade Comittee
Trade Comittee
fearthemaskedman

PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs   NHL Playoffs - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 2:58 pm

Rey wrote:
fearthemaskedman wrote:

You can't go on and say that Crosby can't score in the playoffs, than go to Toews and say that he won a couple cups. Toews scored 3 goals, and 14 points in 24 games in his last cup victory.

The day is still young, Crosby is still just 26. I think we're seeing Crosby grow up. He's not going to be as good as he once was because he realizes that he takes too much damage and it'll be bad for long term, but he's maturing for sure. Tommy is right, athletes are more criticized and scrutinized in this day and era.

Yzerman and Sakic, weren't as popular as they are now, when they were young either. It was until, they were in their late 30's and earned the respect for having long and meaningful careers. Now, we look back at them, as gentlemen and legends.

You hit the nail on the head rey,

Right now, in this moment crosby is going through it. He is at a crossroads in his career, if he changes his game like Yzerman did then he will win multi stanley cups.

My point however is that people are starting to whisper, for crosby is really is put up or shut up time.
Back to top Go down
Rey

Rey

PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs   NHL Playoffs - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 3:14 pm

fearthemaskedman wrote:

My point however is that people are starting to whisper, for crosby is really is put up or shut up time.

I hope this is true, but the Canadian media has been awful. It always has been, and will always be. All Canadian players will be over hyped and treated better.

Every game that Crosby didn't score, they said that he had an injury. It was comical that, in round 1 season that, because Crosby wasn't as fast on scoring an empty net goal, as Crosby normally was, that he "definitely" had something wrong/injury. Lets face it, Crosby played tired, and Malkin got a lot of heat a few years ago for it. So should,  Crosby but nope, the media will throw every excuse at him to cover his ass even if they have to use his teammates/and team. I still can't believe that they're people who are blaming Malkin and saying that the Pens should trade Malkin.

Now, lets watch as Patrick Kane score more OT goals, 4 this playoffs, and lead be the playoff leading scorer again, yet, all the media will do is praise Teows, even if he does jack all the rest of the way.
Back to top Go down
Krauzer
Krauzer

PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs   NHL Playoffs - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 4:38 pm

There is a clear bias, I agree. But I hate getting into that. Just brings out the Americans vs Canadians battle that's been fought a million times. And tbh I've heard plenty of talk from media talking about how Crosby is a no show come playoffs
Back to top Go down
Krauzer
Krauzer

PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs   NHL Playoffs - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 4:43 pm

For the record fear, I hate the way Crosby plays. Just like I hate the way subban plays. I just was pointing out that one Stanley Cup is way more than 80 percent of the players have so to say he's not a winner is not entirely accurate.
Back to top Go down
Evilmonkey
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Evilmonkey

PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs   NHL Playoffs - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 5:29 pm

Oh don't even get started on Subban Good player but a complete and utter douche
Back to top Go down
http://whatthepuck4life.wix.com/whatthepuck
WhiteKryptonite
Rookie Member
Rookie Member
WhiteKryptonite

PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs   NHL Playoffs - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 12:41 pm

NHL Playoffs - Page 3 Image17 New LUCIC T-Shirts out! Get them while you still can! Laughing 
Back to top Go down
BioHaZard
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
BioHaZard

PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs   NHL Playoffs - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 12:53 pm

When does chi and la play?
Back to top Go down
tommyboy
Trade Comittee
Trade Comittee
tommyboy

PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs   NHL Playoffs - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 1:02 pm

1pm mt time. If you're in ont then 3pm
Back to top Go down
Zetty40
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Zetty40

PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs   NHL Playoffs - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2014 9:52 am

Price out now montreal has an excuse for losing this series  Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down
Mastershake
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Mastershake

PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs   NHL Playoffs - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2014 11:05 am

its a pretty good excuse but i would had the rangers over montreal anyway and unless lak somehow beat chicago id say chicago has this in the bag cause i dont think the rangers or montreal have what it takes to beat them
Back to top Go down
tommyboy
Trade Comittee
Trade Comittee
tommyboy

PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs   NHL Playoffs - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2014 4:44 pm

Mtl without price is a pretty good excuse for losing. Who knows how it woulda been
Back to top Go down
Rey

Rey

PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs   NHL Playoffs - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2014 4:50 pm

piere mcguire's dreamteam with takarski tho
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs   NHL Playoffs - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NHL Playoffs
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
WTP :: LOBBY :: NHL TALK-
Jump to: