WTP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WTP

EA Sports Sim League

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inCarolina/Dallas Blog season 2 Web10

Carolina/Dallas Blog season 2

Go down 
AuthorMessage
fearthemaskedman
Trade Comittee
Trade Comittee
fearthemaskedman

Carolina/Dallas Blog season 2 Empty
PostCarolina/Dallas Blog season 2

Well after the smoke had cleared from season one neither of my teams was anywhere to be found.

Carolina bowed out after losing three (!) of it's top four D men to injury before being swept in the first round by Toronto.

Dallas couldn't hold on to a game 7 3 goal lead going into the third and lost to the upstart Flames.

Obviously I had some changes to make.

For the stars my aim was simple. Increase the D even at the expense of offense. I grabbed Macdonald in FA, losing a second line LW in the process. I replaced the whole with Smyth and hoped for the best.

So far Dallas is underpreforming. They are in the playoffs now, but in the west they wouldn't be. On top of all that I have 5 of my top 4 of my top six decreasing in rating. Doesn't look too good for big D at the moment. If Dallas underwhelmes this season, expect sweeping changes.

For carolina I was able to upgrade several key positions, getting a better goalie and that all important top pairing D man who could also score.

And boy can he score,...Yandle has made Malkin a good forward in his own right, into a beast. He's obliterating teams and it seems Bergeron is doing it too.

Unfortunatly, the D isn't quite as dominiating. Time will tell if this is a problem.

Carolina is in good shape for rerates, having no one drop and two players gain significant points. The problem now becomes who to keep? I can only save three of Malkin, Skinner, Bergeron, Yandle, Okopso.
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Carolina/Dallas Blog season 2 :: Comments

No Comment.

Carolina/Dallas Blog season 2

Page 1 of 1